Sep 11, 2009

Everything that glitters isn't gold...



I saw a picture of a famous Korean girl band without any makeup on.



How do I know they have no makeup on? They look "tired" and also, these girls don't have that universal Korean red hue on their cheeks (from blush) that even the lady collecting cans has.




First, let's take a look at a picture of the band, 2NE1, with makeup:

Quite attractive, but after a wash and that 5 kg of makeup comes off...
... please brace yourself...
... are you ready ??





*runs and hides*

It's not that they are unattractive (they are very cute), but it's just that they put on a shit-load of makeup. I mean A LOT. They put it on like a Russian does with sunscreen on his first vacation to Hawaii. I even hear they use paint-rollers to apply their makeup.

No matter how many times I see before/after makeup pictures, I never tire of seeing them. I think it's important too:

For women, it helps reassure them that the surreal beauty seen in magazines and music videos is actually not real; professional makeup artists and photoshopping does wonders. (I mean, c'mon, I haven't seen a single woman in Korea with a zit here!)

For men, it helps remind us that the gorgeous girl in the club is actually normal-looking underneath it all... as Outkast once said:

"Better come back down to Mars Girl, quit chasin' cars
What happens when the dough get so low

Bitch, you ain't that fine
No way.. no way.. no way "

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I love pictures of celebrities without makeup. It's nice to remember that they're human and not these perfect plastic-looking dolls we see splashed across movies and magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once saw a couple of the wondergirls in los angeles and they were pretty broken in real life.

    ReplyDelete